Thursday, December 08, 2011

CoverFX NaturalFX Water-Based Foundation


Ever since I finished my bottle of MAC Satin Foundation and the MAC salesgirl tried to sell me on a peach-toned foundation (that was years ago), I've been on a quest for the perfect foundation: one that feels good on the skin, evens out my complexion, and matches my skin tone.

I went to Sephora to find a new foundation.  I was interested in MUFE’s HD Invisible Cover Foundation for its wide variety of shades and Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation as I thought that a crème foundation would be good for my dry, maturing skin, but the salesgirl sold me on Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation.

Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation
Sephora’s website says that Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation provides “sheer to medium coverage” and “a natural-looking, satin finish.”   I had to spread it very thin to obtain sheer coverage, and it did not provide a satin finish.  Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation can double as a concealer: I wonder if the thickness has something to do with Cover FX founder Lee Graff’s background as a corrective MUA .    As I moisturize nightly, I have some sheen on my forehead, and the foundation’s finish did not match the finish of my forehead.

CoverFX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation is rated SPF 15, which suggests that you should apply it fairly thickly.  Its active sunscreen ingredients are octinoxate, octocrylene, and oxybenzone.

One good thing about Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation is the wide variety of shades for various skin tones:

  • B Series: Golden brown to ebony undertones
  • C Series: Primarily pink undertones
  • E Series: Pink and yellow undertones 
  • M Series: Yellow and olive undertones

The salesgirl selected E10 Warm Ivory for me, which seemed to be a good match for my skin tone.

To quote U2, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.

CoverFX is available at Sephora stores and www.sephora.com.

The fine print: this article contains links for the Sephora affiliate program, through which I can earn nominal commissions.




No comments: