Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Carolee's bronze faux pearls

Categories: ,

Twelve years ago, I took advantage of the personal shopper services at Nordstrom after I moved from a small town in the Midwest to the DC metro area. She put together two outfits with wool gabardine trousers, a hopsack blazer, and two silk camp shirts, one a "watercolor" print and the other a paisley, for which I received a lot of compliments. She also selected a pair of bronze faux pearl clip earrings by Carolee and a matching necklace of oversize faux pearls, which I call my "Wilma Flintstone necklace." While I have given away or discarded most of the pieces and worn the paisley campshirt until the fabric itself became frayed and threadbare, I still have the clip earrings (I lost one of the earrings and purchased a replacement pair directly from Carolee) and necklace.

My style and tastes have changed, but I'm still fond of Carolee's faux pearls. My latest acquisition is the Gold Coil Bracelet (below). It looks great with the multistrand necklace of brown seed beads that I purchased from mexx.

No comments: