Monday, January 26, 2009

Michelle Obama's eyebrow makeover

I normally pass up on stories that PR reps send to me, because (1) I strive for original commentary and (2) I don't feel equipped about writing about celebrities whose work I don't know.

This story about Michelle Obama's eyebrow makeover, however, was too good to pass up:

Michelle Obama
"I just got confirmation from Michelle Obama’s makeup artist, Ingrid Grimes-Myles that she did a major eyebrow makeover for yesterday’s [inauguration] ceremony ... The First Lady came under some heat this summer at the Democratic National Convention for her “angry and severe” eyebrows."

Mrs. Obama did an excellent job of re-introducing herself at the Democratic National Convention after what I'd call her "angry and severe" comments about America. Her eyebrows only served to accentuate her opinions. Still, I like the new eyebrows.

As for me, I couldn't help but notice the resemblance between her eyebrows and those of a certain Bollywood movie star:

Shah Rukh Khan
Our PR rep used this story as a means to promote Tweezerman Slant Tweezer
icon as the tool to reshape Ms. Obama's eyebrows.

No comments: