Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15

I've been critical of the marketing of so-called mineral cosmetics: in a previous article Mineral Madness, I wrote:

The term "mineral" had referred to loose powders, but now it's being associated with products such as lipstick, liquid foundation, and pressed powders that contain other ingredients in addition to minerals. Thus, all cosmetics can be considered mineral cosmetics! Be critical, and recognize that "mineral" is just another marketing construct.

Pür Minerals is seizing on the marketing construct of mineral makeup being "pure." It is a line of pressed powder foundation, blushes, and eye shadows that contain ingredients other than minerals.


Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15

Despite my criticism of the marketing of so-called mineral products, I do like Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15. I took it along with me on my recent trip, in addition to Daniel Chinchilla Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation and Paula's Choice loose powder (no longer available). I found that Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15 met my needs (particularly coverage of redness on the cheeks) and that I could have done without the last two products and lightened my makeup bag.

One can easily pick up powder from Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15. To apply, I use the tools and techniques recommended by Pür Minerals founder Joli Baker:




I remind everyone that a light dusting of powder will not provide adequate protection from the sun. I wear smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 and Dermaxyl under Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15.

Find out what others say about Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15.

You may find Pür Minerals at Ulta and Dillard's in the U.S. and Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

3 comments:

Christopher Drummond said...

what are the ingredients? does this product have binders, fillers, etc. Also, you generally need some type of ingredient (usually an oil or manmade ingredient) to keep the powder together.

The Style Page said...

Christopher,

The ingredients are:

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides

Australia Makeup said...

There is a lot of buzz about Mineral Makeup. It pays to ask what is in them and whether they are a "pure" mineral makeup indeed