Friday, March 13, 2009

A new way to rock the smoky eye

I wrote on Twitter that I couldn't rock martini olive eyeshadow. Mostly, I had been applying martini olive eyeshadow in the crease.

Today, I tried a different variant for the smoky eye, based on golden olive shades:

* I used Shu Uemura M Olive 499 eyeshadow (which appears to have been discontinued), a golden olive, in the crease. Eyeshadow in Chameleon, a matte brown with olive and gold undertones, from Zuzu Luxe would have worked well, too.

* For the lid, I used Zuzu Luxe eyeshadow in Absinthe, which is a lighter shade of golden olive than the Shu Uemura M Olive 499.

* I used martini olive green eyeshadow as an accent in the outer corner of my eye.

* For the eyeliner, I used my favorite black brown eyeshadow (this time, Sonia Kashuk single in Night). To create a smudgier look, I used a small chiseled eyeshadow brush: only instead of tracing along the lashline, I applied the eyeshadow with tiny strokes upward.

* For a softer look on the lower lashline, I dotted the dark brown eyeshadow from the CARGO Essential Eyeshadow Palette in Cool/Neutral with a pointed end eyeliner brush between my lower lashes, and then smudged to blend.

The look suited my brown eyes with green flecks.

Where to shop:

You may shop Shu Uemura from its website, boutiques, and specialty stores. Zuze Luxe is sold at some Whole Foods Markets; also Google Zuzu Luxe to find other vendors. Sonia Kashuk is sold through Target stores. You may shop CARGO at Sephora stores and Sephora.com.

No comments: