Sunday, December 12, 2004

BOOKSTAND pages on The Style Page now updated

Categories: , ,

I have just completed an update of the Bookstand pages on The Style Page.

There's less than 2 weeks to Christmas, and if you still haven't bought gifts for everyone on your list, consider buying books, magazine subscriptions, CDs, or DVDs from Amazon.com.

Perhaps it's because the end of the year is near and I'm taking a look back to see how I could have done better, several of the new links - Day-Timer, Filofax, FranklinCovey - on the Bookstand - Stationery page are for planners and organizers. I still rely on a small 6-ring organizer binder to record appointments, deadlines, etc., especially when I'm away from the computer. At the end of the year, I move the pages to an archive binder. While I do use Web-based calendars and reminders and lately have started using text messaging for reminders via my mobile phone, I just haven't seen the benefit of using a Palm Pilot or Blackberry or other PDA.


Pro-Con pads from Knock-Knock

While Knock Knock has been listed on the Bookstand - Stationery page for some time, I'd like to direct readers to their products. I bought Pro-Con pads as a gag for my co-workers to help assess the pros and cons associated with various options. There's even a place at the bottom to list the total number of "pros" and "cons" - as if we could make decisions based on simple counts! Knock Knock also offers a Resolution Tracking System with sections for Resolutions, Rewards, and yes - Relapses: I bought one for myself for New Year's.

Knock Knock's products are gimmicky and alternately serious and silly. But then, what can one expect from a company that says "We concoct, manufacture, and distribute witty objects of cosmopolitan panache from our shamelessly sunny perch on the lefthand coast" (they are based in Venice, CA) on their corporate philosophy page?

No comments: