Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Psssssst!

Recently, I received an email from PR for Freeman Beauty, and one of the Freeman brands that she promoted was Psssssst! the original spray dry shampoo.
Psssssst!
Psssssst!  That takes me back.  As I told PR for Freeman Beauty, I'm old enough to remember the classic Psssssst! radio spot, when Psssssst! was a Clairol brand:

Psssssst! – there’s something new / Psssssst! – instant spray shampoo / Clairol freshens your hair – instantly / with P-s-s-s-s-s-s-t / Psssssst! – is not a wet shampoo / oh, no / Psssssst! – is not a dry shampoo / oh, no / spray and brush is all you do / then go / ’cause Clairol freshens your hair – instantly / with P-s-s-s-s-s-s-t.

She wrote back:

Haha, I loved your response! That's right...the ORIGINAL! ... Also, I quite like your blog, you keep hinting at your "seasoned" age, but it's enlightening and refreshing to get perspectives other than the 20-something age group (this is coming from a 24 year old!).

I don't know whether to feel better or worse.  The last time I heard someone described as "seasoned," another person muttered, "yeah, like compost." :-)

No comments: