Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite beauty stories of 2012


I admit that I haven’t been blogging about beauty that often.  For that reason, I got dropped from Beauty Blogazons and other beauty blogger networks.  Still, I had several serendipitous events with respect to The Style Page.  Here are my favorite beauty stories from 2012:

Sulwhasoo ShineClassic compacts
One was the invitation to introduce Sulwhasoo ShineClassic compacts to the U.S.  I love Asian aesthetics, and the compacts were inspired by traditional Korean symbols and artistry.  They are truly works of art.

Sulwhasoo commemorated 10 years of limited edition compacts in an elegant cloth bound coffee table book featuring traditional Korean artistry.  Flip the book over, unfold the pages, and lo! it features all LE compacts!
Sulwhasoo ShineClassic 2003 LE compact - lattice pattern
The invitation also had extra meaning for me, as I admire Korea for the way it has lifted itself up and I have fond memories of my trip to Korea ten years ago.

Softlips giveaway
Another event was the LE Softlips giveaway.  I have to say that I didn’t think that this would be a successful giveaway; however, it exceeded my wildest expectations.  I have record visits to my blog and a spike in new followers on Twitter.

BTW I still have one prize to claim.  The first person to write to me at thestylepage[at]ymail[dot]com and respond with his/her mailing address will win the prize.

LuMESH beauty from Costco
I enjoy bringing stories about beauty in unexpected places to readers.  Beauty is truly where you find it.  I’ve been in touch with Lu Camerena Meshulam, and I hope that I played a small role in moving product at Costco.

Karen Murrell lipsticks
I love the demi-matte finish of Karen’s lipsticks, and I am proud to have played a role in introducing her lipsticks to the U.S.  Karen introduced 4 lipstick shades in 2012, and plans to introduce more in 2013. I’m anxiously anticipating the new introductions. I’ve seen previews of Karen’s new Rumba Red lipstick.

No comments: