Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Viva Glam

M·A·C Cosmetics | Viva Glam

Although it's been over a year since MAC launched Viva Glam VI, it's brought back Eve and Dita von Teese for a new ads to promote the Viva Glam series of lipsticks where the proceeds go to fight HIV/AIDS.

I didn't blog on Viva Glam VI when it was first launched, but the current promotion makes a review relevant once again. MAC describes Viva Glam VI as a "Warm terracotta-plum fusion with subtle pearl." Terracotta and plum are among my favorite makeup colors, so this fusion sounded very tempting.

However, Viva Glam VI was disappointing. It had less pigment than other MAC lipsticks that are among my favorites (Plum, a discontinued satin lipstick, and Bourbon, a lipstick from the limited edition Beauty Icon 3 collection featuring Catherine Deneuve). Moreover, the color didn't intensify my lips. I'd practically recommend giving the money directly to an AIDS cause, but I know that getting a lipstick at the same time is a lot more fun.

I certainly can't imagine burlesque dancer Dita von Teese, who was in the original Viva Glam campaign, wearing this lipstick. If red lipstick was created for anyone, it would be her, with her raven-black hair and fair complexion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dita, you are SO beautiful. I love you!