Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cosmetics that have caught my eye

Categories: ,

From Elke von Freudenberg's The Beauty Newsletter, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Balms in Tarred (black) and Feathered (white). No, these products are not supposed to color your lips black and white for a Goth look, but are supposed to serve as transformers: Tarred is supposed to darken and deepen your natural lip color or lip stick, while Feathered is supposed to lighten your natural lip color or lip stick.


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Balms in Tarred and Feathered

Paula Begoun, the consumer reporter whose web site now describes her as "the creator and innovative force behind Paula's Choice skin care and cosmetics," has now added gel eyeliners to her ever-expanding collections of skin care and cosmetics products. I've liked most everything I've purchased from Paula, as her products are effective and well-priced - I have many of her eye shadows and especially recommend her 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion for treating acne. My least favorite product is her Close Comfort Shave Gel.

I want Paula's Constant Color Gel Eyeliner in Earthen (described as a medium soft brown) and Nightfall (described as an "almost-black brown with a subtle hint of plum"). I won't need Espresso, as I am content using Sonia Kashuk's eye shadow in Night (a deep charcoal brown) as an eyeliner: it is perfect for the smoky eye!
Constant Color Gel Eyeliner from Paula's Choice
Constant Color Gel Eyeliner from Paula's Choice

Please share your comments if you've tried any of these products. I'd like to know what you think. You can see other wished-for items on the Beauty page of our web site!

No comments: