Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It works ... it really works!

Toppik hair building fibers
Last year, I lost WADS of hair. I chalked it up to severe stress in my life, which also caused me to abandon this blog.

It was difficult to style my hair in such a way to cover the excessively thin spots on my head. I recall having read in Allure that Toppik works to cover thin or balding spots.

You might have seen Toppik advertised in the SkyMall catalogue that you find in airplane seat pockets. Given the dubious claims for other personal care products that are advertised in SkyMall, it’s easy to doubt the claims for Toppik.

Toppik consists of keratin fibers that bond with natural hair. It is as easy to use as it says – just shake it on. I find that only a light touch is necessary. I use a rattail comb to lift my hair, section by section, and shake Toppik on the thin spots on my head. It really masks the thin spots on my head and makes it look that I still have a full head of hair. I no longer feel self-conscious about my hair.  Now I take Toppik to the salon when I get my hair styled.

Toppik comes in nine shades. I chose dark brown – it blends perfectly with my colored hair. You may buy Toppik through its web site, SkyMall, and Sally Beauty Supply (where I got mine).  The regular size costs $20-25, and for me, it's worth every penny.

Article first published as It works ... it really works! on Technorati.

No comments: