Tuesday, May 06, 2008

NARS


NARS The Multiple in Orgasm

François Nars first burst upon our awareness through Allure magazine, with an article that featured photos of him applying body makeup to Madonna for a Vanity Fair photo shoot. Since that time, he's established his very popular NARS Cosmetics line.

NARS's powder blush in Orgasm is a beauty editor's favorite and has become one of NARS's signature products. Its other signature product is The Multiple multi-tasking stick for cheeks, lips, and eyes. It should be no surprise then that NARS has created The Multiple in Orgasm. I've begun using cream blushes only recently, and I'm hooked. NARS The Multiple in Orgasm is so sheer that I found that I could swipe it straight from the stick onto my cheeks, with only minimal blending. It is also beautiful as a highlighter on top of the cheekbone.

On the other hand, I found the lip stain gloss on the NARS Lip Stain Gloss/Lip Gloss (not pictured) difficult to use. The first time I tried it, I made a mess of it - around my lips, on my fingers. It is very pigmented, and when I tried to blend it with my fingers, I needed dual-phase makeup remover to remove the stains. In addition, it takes longer to dry down than, for example, L’Oréal Paris Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour, which also features a liquid lip stain.

My second attempt was more successful. Here's how I did it:

- I lined my lips, by applying concealer with a fine tip brush. I softened the edges so that it wasn't obvious. I could also have also used a clear lip pencil: I've identified brands that market clear lip pencils.

- I used a very light touch: in other words, I didn't press the wand against my lips.

- I stopped shy of the corners of my mouth when I applied the lip stain gloss.

If you like a highly pigmented stain, then the dual Lip Stain Gloss/Lip Gloss is for you.

You can find NARS The Multiple and NARS Lip Stain Gloss/Lip Gloss at NARS Cosmetics.

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I tried the original powder blush formula but was not impressed with the color--way too shimmery. Because of that, I've been reluctant to try the multiple version. Glad to see you liked it!