Monday, November 28, 2011

I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock and Roll #MusicMonday

On Thanksgiving Day, I was listening to Fresh Air with Terry Gross on NPR.  The show was a re-broadcast of an interview with singer-songwriter Nick Lowe.   Nick Lowe??!!  I hadn't heard about him in years.

In the day (the 1980s), I found Nick Lowe's songs "Cruel to be Kind" and "I Knew The Bride" catchy, but that's about it.  For some reason, listening to Nick Lowe on Fresh Air filled me with nostalgia and happiness - as when I hear the opening riffs of The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand."

Although Nick Lowe is from England, his rockabilly is purely American.   Here's the goofy video for "I Knew The Bride" from MTV's music video heyday:




Enjoy, and rock out!

Nick Lowe today:
Nick Lowe (2011)

No comments: