Friday, November 25, 2011

Subtle blush

I hate obvious blush. The worst example was Lindsay Lohan at her court appearance for violating court orders (and I feel badly about her situation, as The Parent Trap remake is one of my favorite romcoms).

Perhaps it harkens back to the nude/naked makeup of the early 1990s, but I prefer subtle blushes, and Revlon fills the bill.  I alternate between the Revlon Powder Blush in Sandalwood Beigeicon (a perennial) and Revlon Colorstay Mineral Blush in Honeyicon.
icon
Revlon Powder Blush in Sandalwood Beige

icon

I use a dome-shaped blush brush and apply blush only to the apples of my cheeks.

Raiding the closet
I also use Revlon Naturally Glamorous Blush-on in Fleshtone, from a limited edition collection of neutrals that was released when Cindy Crawford was still the face of Revlon.  Perhaps it was a harbinger of things to come: Halle Berry replaced Veronica Webb in the ads for the limited edition collection. Sorry, I couldn't find images of the ads for the collection.

The fine print: this post contains links for affiliate programs.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I agreed- a lot of people overdo their bursh. I love the more natural blush look. The sandalwood color looks nice! Is it shimmer or matte?

The Style Page said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for reading! The Revlon Powder Blush in Sandalwood Beige is matte.