Friday, November 11, 2011

Krigler Jazzy Riviera 2/10

I seldom do fragrance stories, and I certainly don’t cover the spate of celebrity fragrances! I have, however, done a few stories on boutique fragrances and will entertain more such stories. That’s why I was excited to learn about Krigler, a fragrance house based in New York and Monte Carlo that was founded in 1904.

Krigler’s Jazzy Riviera 2/10 fragrance is a tribute to the Jazz Age (1920s) in the Cap d’Antibes. This unisex fragrance was inspired by eminent personages of 1920s, including Picasso, F. Scott Fitzegerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Dorothy Parker. It resonated with me, as the last movie I saw was Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris, in which Owen Wilson plays a writer who is transported back in time to the 1920s and meets with artists and eminent American expats of that era.
Krigler Jazzy Riviera 2/10
With its citrusy top notes (Bergamot, Lemon, and Mandarin), Krigler Jazzy Riviera 2/10 reminds me of Acqua di Parma’s Bergamotto di Calabria, another Mediterranean-inspired fragrance that I’ve covered. However, it doesn’t dry down to the same sort of warmth.

Olfactory notes for Krigler Jazzy Riviera 2/10:

Top notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin
Heart notes: coriander, freesia, cyclamen
Base notes: cedar, patchouli, musk, vetiver.

Krigler Jazzy Riviera 2/10 costs $215 for 1.7 fl.oz. and $365 for 3.4 fl.oz. Krigler’s U.S. boutique is located at The Plaza Hotel in NYC. You may purchase Krigler fragrances at krigler.com.

Other Krigler fragrances are:

Subtle Orchid 10
Pleasure Gardenia 79
Good Fir 11 - it smells like a Christmas tree!
Manhattan Rose 44

The fine print: The Style Page would like to acknowledge Tractenberg & Co. for sending me vial samples of Krigler fragrances.

No comments: