Monday, July 07, 2008

Advice that works

I recently bought the latest edition of Paula Begoun's Beauty Bible. Her advice to use matte foundation as a base for eyeshadow was terrific. I patted Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow and my eyelids didn't get that oily appearance, as when I used cream eyeshadow base. Thanks, Paula.

I have dry cheeks and a nose that's prone to oiliness and pimples. While I use moisturizing makeup on my cheeks, I use the same Dream Matte Mousse Foundation on my nose. It's better than blotting tissues and pressed powder.

To remove eye makeup, I saturate or even soak cotton pads in eye makeup remover, lie back on the recliner (who says that recliners are for men only?), and place the pads over my eyelids to dissolve the eye makeup. No tugging and pulling - let the eye makeup remover do the work and gently wipe the makeup off afterward. I use Neutrogena's dual-phase eye remover.

No comments: