Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LongerThickerBetter Part III

Has anything tried this mascara?


Estée Lauder's New TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara™

It's Estée Lauder's New TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara™. According to Splendora, this mascara has "an auto-powered LashSonic Brush that gently vibrates with micro-pulse bristles." Any comments?

All sorts of new innovations promise longer or fuller lashes. I've already written about SpinLash, which I had rated as a "qualified buy." As I use this product more and more, I like it better. I still like Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express mascara for building thickness, but after reading Retainer Girl's review, I concede that mascara goop sticks to the wand and it has a strange smell, problems that her fave Lash Blast doesn't have. After applying The Colossal, I run SpinLash through my lashes. It removes excess gunk and really separates lashes after application.


LashControl Lengthening and conditioning formula in black

Another innovation is LashControl, which features a squeezable "wiper sleeve" (the pink part above) that is supposed to control the amount of mascara deposited on the brush. However, I didn't find the wiper sleeve useful. LashControl lengthening and conditioning formula is good; however, the volumizing formula (color coded with a purple wiper sleeve) was problematic. It smeared and flaked and despite the wiper sleeve, goop still stuck to the tip of the wand. In fairness to LashControl, however, its representative said that the problems I had shouldn't have happened, and offered to take back the mascara so that she could see what went wrong.

No comments: